Monday, June 16, 2008

Why my JOB mismatches my JABS(in traffic)?

By profession, I am a faculty member in the department of humanities as well as a research scholar. Both are rather slow, dignified and artistic engagements. My moves on the tar-tracks (roads) are swift, rash and artless to the non-discerning eye. To a racer, they are angelic.

My bewildered psychiatrist croaks an explanation- "Since your office bogs you down to a tortoise's trot, you seek to spend your urge on the unmonitored speedways". I dismiss her opinion saying, my movement among the cubicles echoes the wavy route I chart when overtaking turtles on the tarmac. She gives up for the session.

I faintly agreed with my colleague when he suggested taking a reverse look on the choice of profession. May be that my darting ahead of reflex-less co-waiters at traffic signals, doesn't match my senile service at the writing-board in front of a immobile class. May be that it is time to change. May be that I need to switch to a more complimentary JOB !! Well said, but NO ! Thanks !

It is usually the other way round. Students are supposed to overtake their slower Professors, on glitzier bikes, with a grin. It irks a mob as to why should a person at the lower part of the speed-chart leave them scrambling in the exhaust smoke. I don't overtake to humble others. They are most welcome to rev their machines to the point of no-return. Be Pearly gates' guests.

In the long run, I predict that I will slow down.. weighed with responsibilities and worries of related people, every time I scream ahead. Age, sensibility and care may keep me under 80 kmph.. Till 80@80..lets vroooooom ! 

No comments: